While summer heat can have negative effects on your roof, it’s important to choose materials that keep the heat away as much as possible. Metal roofing not only keeps your home warm during winter, but it also keeps your home cool during hot summers. These roofs are a good idea not only because they reflect heat and don’t absorb it, but they also are a great choice because of their sustainability and eco–friendly materials while being cost-effective in the long run.
Many manufacturers are now treating their metal roofs with a special paint that reflects the sun’s rays, called Cool Roofs. Typically, traditional roof temperatures can rise to as much as 150°F during the summer. But cool roofs are up to 50°F cooler, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
In this post, local metal roofing contractor, Chase Roofing LLC, explains why metal roofs are the best option for your home during summer and the other seasons as well.
1. Metal Roofs Are Non-Absorptive. Roofs when installed properly using quality materials will reflect light and heat, due to their low thermal mass, so they won’t absorb it. It means that when the temperatures cool off after a hot summer day, the metal roofs will cool off as well.
2. Efficient Ventilation. Choosing products with integral airspace between the back of the metal panel and the roof deck and underlayment is important in order to keep your house from heating up in the summer. Proper ventilation will help vent out the excess moisture in your attic which could lead to mold and mildew issues.
3. Less Maintenance. Metal roofs require little maintenance and less roof repair to retain their good looks and structural integrity. Metal won’t chip, fade crack or curl like shingles.
4. Aesthetically Pleasing. Metal roofs are capable of imitating any type of roofing material that exists including shake and tile. They can be created virtually in any color you desire and you can customize them to your likes and preference.
5. Environment-Friendly. Aluminum-roofing systems are made of 99% recycled materials. They usually come pre-engineered and pre-manufactured which cuts down on production and reduces transportation costs and waste.
Chase Roofing LLC is a metal roofing contractor with the deepest experience in gutter repair and metal roofing systems. It comes with extended manufacturer warranties that provide the peace of mind of knowing that your roof is protected while it is protecting your home and family.
Chase Roofing LLC installs metal roofing that property owners can rely on for lasting value. Contact us at (757) 260-5756 or complete our online quote request form for a free metal roofing estimate. We serve clients in Newport News, VA.